Men's Resource Centre
The Men's Resource Centre, operated by Bridging the Gap Community Services, was established in 2005.
It is a safe space where men can gather and talk, receive counselling, and attend programs. Supporting men to get healthy and happy impacts not just them, but everyone around them.
Since opening, the Men's Resource Centre has helped over 8,000 men and their families.
Tuesday to Thursday, 9am to 3pm, the centre offers:
- Free counselling (including specialised trauma counselling)
- Free psychologist appointments with our qualified psychologist
- Self help programs such as drugs and alcohol, parenting, cooking on a budget and anger management
- Court support and access to solicitors/legal representation
- Financial guidance
- Free breakfast and lunch three days a week
- Access to our kitchen, lounge, garden, Internet, laundry and bathroom
- Emergency accommodation, swags and supplies for the homeless
- Help with electricity bills
- Advocacy when it comes to communications with Centrelink, employment agencies, parole services, housing, etc.
- EAPA vouchers
- Work direction orders
Our clients receive individualised supports - that means the services that most help them. No two programs are alike, just as no two people are alike.
Our clients come from all walks of life, from older men who are seeking companionship to
young men who are finding their way in life and everything in between.
The centre is located at 183 Rose Avenue, Coffs Harbour. It runs entirely on donations from community members and local businesses.