Advocacy and Support
We know that even simple day to day tasks can be difficult if you're going through a rough patch, so our dedicated staff will work tirelessly to provide whatever basic comforts and supports we can.
Tuesday to Thursday, 9am to 3pm, the Men's Resource Centre offers:
- Free counselling (including specialised trauma counselling)
- Free psychologist appointments with our qualified psychologist
- Self help programs such as drugs and alcohol, parenting, cooking on a budget and anger management
- Court support and access to solicitors/legal representation
- Financial guidance
- Free breakfast and lunch three days a week
- Access to our kitchen, lounge, garden, Internet, laundry and bathroom
- Emergency accommodation, swags and supplies for the homeless
- Help with electricity bills
- Advocacy when it comes to communications with Centrelink, employment agencies, parole services, housing
To become one of our clients, you'll need to stop in to 183 Rose Avenue and complete a brief questionnaire (we can help with this). This will help us identify and prioritise the best supports for you.